Enter this national STEM Schools Challenge this Summer and win amazing prizes!
Register below for Aspire to Engineer: The Renewables Challenge to get free resources so your class, year group or whole school can get started either this Summer Term, during Summer School or at the start of the new Autumn term.
“What a brilliant resource pack. So well put together. Inspiring, challenging and I really like the glossary to support all learners. I’ve just been to see my science department and we are launching to the whole school on Friday!”
The winning school will receive a travel expenses (up to £2000) to visit the Great Exhibition Road Festival in London.
Other prizes include a special online video call with one of our renewables engineers, book tokens and certificates.
Deadline: Friday 17 September 2021
Register below to get started.
Aspire to Engineer is in partnership with the Royal Commission for the Exhibition of 1851.
Click here to learn more about Aspire To Engineer: The Renewables Challenge
Aspire to Engineer: The Renewables Challenge is a UK-wide schools STEM competition running for the Summer Term and Summer Holidays in 2021. It is aimed at key stage 2 and key stage 3 students, but everyone is welcome!
In partnership with the Royal Commission for the Exhibition of 1851, Aspire to Engineer introduces students to the amazing world of engineering and inspires them to explore the contributions engineers make to our lives. This year’s theme is Renewable Energy.
Engineering offers young people in the UK fantastic careers and opportunities – according EngineeringUK’s 2017 report, the UK needs 1.8 million new engineers and technicians by 2025. Inspire your students to be the engineers of the future and change the world for the better.
By taking part in this challenge your students will gain invaluable insight into the world of engineering and discover what it means to be part of one the most innovative and exciting industries in the world. Plus, they will be in with a chance to win amazing prizes!
How to take part
Discover: Use our free resources to find out about Engineering Renewables through interviews and challenges from three world renowned engineers working in wind, solar and marine engineering.
Respond: Challenge your students to create exciting and original presentations to inspire their classmates/wider school community to explore engineering
Enter: Send us a short video, some photos and a summary of your entry by Friday 17 September 2021 to win prizes.
The winning school
- Your work will be displayed digitally at the Great Exhibition Road Festival (GERF) in October 2021.
- Your school will receive a travel bursary (up to £2000) to visit GERF in-person weekend where your trophy will be presented to you.
- Guided tours of the Imperial College Carbon Capture machine, the new Future Planet gallery at the Science Museum, and Our Broken Planet exhibits at the Natural History Museum.
- Three runner up schools Your school will receive a special online video call with an A2E Engineer. 12 outstanding projects (including 4 winners) You will receive £50 book tokens. All participants You will receive an A2E certificate [hardcopy]. All participating schools You will be entered into a ballot for tickets to attend the recording of The Engineers event featuring our three A2E engineers. The majority of the audience will attend online with some in-person tickets. The Engineers event is a partnership between the Royal Commission for the Exhibition of 1851 and BBC World Service. The event is recorded and broadcast on BBC World Service.
Three Runner Up schools
- Your school will receive a special online video call with one of the world-class engineers featured in our resources.
12 Outstanding Projects
- You will receive £50 book tokens
All entries will receive an Aspire to Engineer 2021 certificate in the post for taking part.
Sign up below to receive your free classroom poster and digital resource pack
Contact the team: firstname.lastname@example.org