Join The Big Build for Science Week!
On Tuesday the 14th of March schools are challenged to design and build a new invention guided by an in-person visit from a real scientist or engineer – your very own Imperial College Mentor.
Schools who take part are invited to submit their inventions for judging, to be displayed at the prestigious Great Exhibition Road Festival in the Summer, as part of The Great Exhibition² Programme.
How does my class take part?
- Sign up your class to either a morning or afternoon session on the 14th of March
- Receive a magic box of materials in the post
- Welcome your Imperial College Mentor into your classroom on the 14th of March to support your class during the Big Build workshop
- Build alongside other schools taking part in your area via zoom
- Submit your students work to be displayed at the festival and receive a class certificate
The Big Build will encourage…
Creativity, teamwork, problem solving, Innovation, Communication
The Big Build Workshop has currently reached capacity. Sign up below to join our waiting list.
If any spaces to take part become available we will be in touch to confirm your spot.
Got a question? Speak with the Big Ideas team by getting in touch at GreatExhibition@big-ideas.org
Please note this opportunity is only open to KS2 & KS3 students from state funded schools within the boroughs of Westminster, Hammersmith & Fulham, and Kensington & Chelsea.