2020 marks 75 years since the end of World War II.
Premier League Academy football players have interviewed 11 World War II veterans who were also professional football players about their experiences during the war. The Football Remembers Eleven films are being released across the year building up to Remembrance Sunday on 8 November 2020. Watch these films here. (Filmed prior to current rules around social distancing)
You can read more about each interview with the veterans here:
- Arthur House meets Southampton FC Academy
- Tony Collins meets Watford FC Academy
- Josser Watling meets Bristol Rovers FC Academy
- Gordon Astall meets Plymouth Argyle FC Academy
To mark the 75th anniversary of VE Day, Academy players produced moving tribute films for WWII veterans.
To mark 75 years since VJ Day, the end of the war in the East, four new films were released:
- Charles White meets Southampton FC Academy
- Bill Blount meets Woking FC Academy
- Charlie Chase meets Crystal Palace FC Academy
- Bobby Brown meets Manchester City FC Academy
To mark Remembrance Sunday the final three films in the Football Remembers eleven were released:
- Tommy Docherty meets Chelsea FC Academy
- Reg Harrison meets Derby CFC Academy
- Dudley Kernick meets Birmingham City Academy
75 years since VE and VJ Day
The British government marked VE and VJ Day with a series of online celebrations and activities. You can find out more about their activities and watch interviews with veterans on their website.